Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Why I am married to Matt and living in USA

.....because of my grandpas big toe


So this is the story: Matt and me, we are second cousins. Our grandmothers on our mothers sides have been Czech sisters. In 1920 lots of people have been going to USA for work. Matt's grandma and grandpa and newborn Matt's mother went to USA. My grandma and grandpa wanted to go too, but my grandpa lost his big toe in second world war and did not get visa from Americans. My mother was not born yet, but would get born from the same parents. In USA she would marry somebody else, not my father, therefore I would not get born. So now you see the reason I am married to Matt.

Our love story: We met with Matt, through family. Matt decided to travel to Czechoslovakia and see where he is coming from. He was traveling with his girlfriend. In that time we both have been 30 years old and divorced. The first time we met, we told each other that we will never marry again. After knowing each other for 32 hours, Matt asked me to marry him and I said yes. After that it took 9 month to get married and another 5 month for me to arrange all the papers to come to USA.
We got married on 600 years old castle Karlstejn and celebrated 31 anniversary this year.






Our wedding 1979 in Praha







At 1920's party in 1983 USA






Karlstejn castle where we got married






Praha where I come from

No comments:

Post a Comment